June 8-14 2014 is Diabetes Week in the UK, and this year the theme is “I Can.” Despite being on the other side of the pond, I think it’s a good idea. So here’s the list of things I can do:
1) Maintain blood sugars in line with a non-diabetic.
2) Make low carb recipes that you wouldn’t even know are low carb.
3) Check my blood sugar while doing 65mph on the Seney Stretch (just don’t tell the Michigan State Police!)
4) Sleep in as late as I want (or at least I could if I didn’t have an infant waking me up…)
5) Turn anything on a menu into a low carb option and eat out without spiking my blood sugar.
6) Change an infusion set in 3 minutes flat.
7) Eat french fries occasionally.
8) Finish off my degree and spend the rest of my life in a lab (because let’s face it, I hate people).
9) Eat my weight in bacon.
10) Drink light beer occasionally.
11) Use coconut oil for EV-ERY-THING.
12) Be adventurous with what I eat and try new recipes.
13) Be an AWESOME wife and mother (this should probably have been #1…)
There’s more, I know…but there’s bacon cooking. And my world stops for bacon. 😀